Orthodontic Emergencies — Queens, NY
Fast Orthodontic Care When You Need It Most
If you or your child is currently straightening your smile with braces, clear aligners, or any of our other treatments, you’ll be pleased to hear that orthodontic emergencies are relatively uncommon. All the same, it’s important to know what types of situations require urgent attention and what to do should you find yourself facing one. For fast orthodontic care when you need it most, you can count on our experienced team here at SimpliBraces. We treat orthodontic emergencies in Queens and the surrounding communities as quickly as possible, so don’t wait to give us a call!
Why Choose SimpliBraces for Emergency Orthodontic Care?
- Board-Certified Orthodontist with Extensive Training
- Insurance Welcome & Interest-Free In House Financing Available
- Open Until 6pm Monday Through Thursday
What to Do in an Orthodontic Emergency
No matter how big or small your orthodontic emergency is, all you need to do is follow these easy steps:
- Step 1: Call our office. We do everything to see emergency patients as quickly as possible, so call us right away so we can make room for you in our schedule. One of our experienced team members will guide you over the phone on how to handle your emergency until you can reach us.
- Step 2: See Dr. Isaak Yelizar. Your emergency orthodontist in Queens Dr. Yelizar will see you right away when you arrive. After carefully evaluating your situation and gathering any necessary data, such as X-ray images, he will explain his findings to you.
- Step 3: Get the care you need! In many cases, Dr. Yelizar will be able to handle your orthodontic emergency right away. In some cases, such as you need a replacement piece for your orthodontics, we may need to schedule you for a follow-up appointment before you go.
The Most Common Orthodontic Emergencies
Are you in significant pain? Are your braces broken? Are you concerned about a new symptom you’ve noticed during your treatment? Orthodontic emergencies come in all shapes and sizes, from small inconveniences to major issues. Even if you aren’t sure if your situation qualifies as an emergency, we encourage you to give us a call anyway. We will help you assess your symptoms over the phone and walk you through the next steps you should take. Below, you’ll find some of the most common orthodontic emergencies we treat.
Understanding the Cost of Orthodontic Emergencies
There is no set cost for emergency orthodontic care in Queens because each emergency is unique. For example, it will cost more to replace a lost or snapped Invisalign aligner than to simply recement a lost bracket back into place. The cost of your care will depend entirely on what treatment or treatments are needed to get you back on track for a straighter smile. Fortunately, emergency exams are relatively inexpensive and minor orthodontic emergencies are typically very cost-effective to address.
How to Prevent Orthodontic Emergencies
While you can count on SimpliBraces to be here for you should you ever experience an orthodontic emergency, we’d prefer it if you never ran into one of these scary situations in the first place! Avoiding an orthodontic emergency is an easy task if you practice a few healthy habits and simple precautions. Practicing good oral hygiene, following your treatment plan, and visiting us for regular checkups will all go a long way in keeping your smile safe and your treatment on track!
We Believe Your Smile
is Worth It.
You're Worth It.